Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Tuition: $ 900.00
Members receive a 10% discount
- 950 sq. ft. air conditioned shop
- Four 2’ x 3’ casting kilns
- Two 18" x 24" fusing/casting combination kilns
- Two 20” x 40” fusing kilns
- Two 24" w x 15" h x 22.5" d front-loading Paragon kilns
- And more...
About the Instructor(s)
Amanda Simmons received a Postgraduate Certificate in Glass and Architecture from Central St. Martins School of Art and Design in London. In 2005, she relocated to Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland, where she currently lives and works. Amanda makes kiln formed glass vessels, playing with gravity in the kiln. Manipulating mass, heat, colour and time she aims to create complex, elusive work that has intense colour and pattern which reacts to the light it is placed in. The pieces are finished using many cold working processes to shape and mark the glass including sandblasting, hand lapping, diamond point and wheel cameo engraving.