SiO2 Mixed and Mashed Up is a hands-on, after-school program specifically for students in grades 68. Classes meet after school once a week for 12 weeks. Spend four weeks in three different studios at PGC learning glassblowing, flameworking, and kilnforming.
In the hot shop, learn the basics of gathering, blowing, and tool handling.
In the flame shop, use heat and gravity to shape molten glass at a stationary bench torch.
In the kiln shop, explore the world of kilnforming, including casting, fusing, and the creation of imagery using frits and powders.
You can take this class more than once until you are able to jump into our high school classes.
Tuition: $ 400.00
Members receive a 10% discount
- 2,560 sq. ft.
- Two 1,000 lb. Wet Dog invested pot furnaces
- Full range of hand tools, pipes and punties
- One 18" glory hole with pneumatic doors
- One 18" glory hole with barn doors
- Two mobile gas-powered garages
- And more...