The Veteran Scholarship Program grants a limited number of full tuition scholarships to active and retired military personnel. Scholarships enable individuals to work in a challenging medium that will stretch them artistically and personally as they learn the fundamental principles of glass art and the creative process.
Classes range from 4 to 8-weeks in length in the fall, winter and spring sessions to 1-week intense classes in the summer. They include glassblowing, flameworking and kiln work for beginning and advanced students. Eligible applicants may apply once per session.
The deadline for Fall 2018 Veteran Scholarship applications is September 9, 2018.
Applications are submitted online.
The form will require:
- Name and contact information
- First, second, and third choice of what class you would like to take
- Short essay describing why you wish to take the class.
- Up to five digital images of any creative work and brief descriptions of that work. Images are not required for beginner level courses. For anything intermediate or above, you must upload at least 1, but may upload up to 5 images of artwork.
- An image of your DD214
- $10 non-refundable application fee
If you have questions about applying for a scholarship, call 412-365-2145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Veteran Scholarship Program is made possible, in part, by The Fine Foundation.