The Summer 2017 scholarship application deadline is March 15.
PGC offers a limited number of scholarships to make our summer intensive classes accessible to everyone. PGC seeks to recruit diverse students and is committed to increasing the numbers of students from underrepresented groups, including people of color.
All students are eligible to apply for $400 merit-based scholarships. Additionally, students of color and veterans are eligible to apply for $800 scholarships. All application materials must be received by March 15. Recipients will be notified and must pay theri balance before April 15.
Sometimes particularly popular classes fill up prior to the scholarship deadline, but unfortunately, PGC cannot hold spots. Students wishing to secure a spot in a class (with a willingness to pay for it whether or not they receive a scholarship) should register and pay in full. If a scholarship is awarded, then the amount of the award will be refunded to that student.
Applications are submitted online. The form will require:
- Name and contact information.
- First, second, and third choice of what class you would like to take.
- Short essay describing why you wish to take the class.
- Five digital images of your work and brief descriptions of that work. Please note that for beginner classes that don't require prior experience, images of any creative work is welcome and does not need to be glass. Your statement of interest will be considered more heavily. Similarly, the more advanced the level of the class, the more seriously the quality of the images will be considered.
- $40 non-refundable application fee.
PLEASE NOTE: If you receive an application error when attempting to complete the application, it is most likely because your images are too large or your internet connection is bogged down for some reason. Please double check both of these factors before contacting us to report a problem. If problems persist, email Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org