Whether you're an artist working in another medium, a collector, a college student, or just someone fascinated by glass, we've got something for you! Depending on your interests…
Our Cold Shop features double the equipment in 770 sq. ft. including:
- One 24" Sommer and Maca variable speed flat grinding wheel - 400 grit
- Two 36" Steinert variable speed flat grinding wheels - 80 grit and 220 grit
- Two PNP cutting lathes
- One Merker GNH engraving lathe
- One 20" MK wet saw
- Two MK tile saws
- One Steinert double spindle polishing machine
- Two Sommer and Maca belt sanders
- One Vibrolap
- One 52" w x 28" h x 28" d recirculating sandblaster
Rent the Cold Shop
Standard Rental $10/hour (minimum ½ hour rental) includes use of lap grinders, belt sanders, pumice wheels, the cerium oxide felt polishing wheel, and grit or pads for hand grinding.
Plus Rental $15/hour (minimum ½ hour rental) includes the use of Standard Rental equipment plus the use of diamond saws, engraving/punty grinding lathes, handheld air grinders and diamond bits, and the sandblaster.
Rental time must be booked at least one day in advance and you must be a PGC member.
The cold shop is open and FREE to use for anyone currently enrolled in a multi-week class at PGC while working on pieces from class. Call for availability.
Open Studio must be booked at least one day in advance. To register for Monday open studio you must call before Friday at 4pm.
PGC sells a variety of glass, tools and supplies.