Whether you're an artist working in another medium, a collector, a college student, or just someone fascinated by glass, we've got something for you! Depending on your interests…
Our 950 sq. ft. Kiln Shop has flexible space to accommodate all types of activities. It includes:
- Two 3’ x 4’ casting kilns
- Two 4’ x 5’ fusing/casting combination kilns
- Two 20” x 40” fusing kilns
- Three separate rooms all with individual ventilation: classroom, kiln room, and mold making area for both wax and plaster
- Swing arm ventilation in classroom space for painting, leading, or enameling
Rent the Kiln Shop
- Studio Rental $10/hour + materials
- Photo Imagery Light + Tools $15/hour (resist and transparencies sold separately)
- Kiln Rental for a standard 24 hour cycle $45
- Large Wax Steamer $10/session (4 hours)
Studio Rental includes use of tools (mixing buckets, glass cutters, scales, light tables, wax melters, soldering irons, wax/clay tools, etc.) and space for working on projects. Materials (plaster, silica, glass, etc.) will be charged additionally. Kiln Rental includes the use of one kiln and kiln accessories (shelves, fire bricks, sand, etc.) for a single firing.
Rental time must be booked at least one day in advance and you must be a PGC member.
Open studio time is for students currently enrolled in a kiln class or anyone who has taken a multi-week kiln class within the last year. The cost for open studio is $20 for half a kiln and includes use of shop tools and equipment. A limited amount of scrap glass will be available for use, but no frit, powder, or sheets will be available. Students are welcome to bring their own or purchase them from PGC. A studio monitor will be present to answer questions and to assure the kiln is properly loaded and fired.
Open Studio must be booked at least one day in advance. To register for Monday open studio you must call before Friday at 4pm.
Mondays 6 – 9pm
PGC sells a variety of glass, tools and supplies including Bullseye color in sheets, frit and powder.