About the Cold Shop
PGC has one of most well equipped cold shops in the country. The studio is flooded with natural light and has plenty of table space for work. There is no project that is too ambitious for our Czech lathes and the arsenal of sintered diamond wheels available. PGC has been fortunate to host a number of world-class cold working instructors, like František Janák, Jiyong Lee, and Kathy Elliott.
COLD Shop Up Close
Our air-conditioned Cold Shop features double the equipment within 770 square feet, including:
- One 30" Sommer and Maca flat lap pumice wheel
- Two 36" Steinert variable speed flat grinding wheels — 80 grit and 220 grit
- Two Bohemia BMK1 lathes
- One Merker GNH engraving lathe
- Two flex shaft Foredom grinders
- One 20" MK wet saw
- Two MK tile saws
- One Steinert double-spindle polishing machine
- Two Sommer and Maca belt sanders
- One Vibrolap
- One 52" w x 28" h x 28" d recirculating sandblaster
Rent The Studio
NEW! Rental Hours:
Sundays 10:00am - 4:00pm
Mondays 9:00am - 9:30pm
Tuesdays 9:00am - 9:30pm
Wednesdays 9:00am - 9:30pm
Thursdays 9:00am - 9:30pm
Fridays 9:00am - 8:00pm
Saturdays 10:00am - 6:00pm
A half an hour minimum applies to all rates in the Cold Shop. Please remember to always check in and out with a technician that is on duty. Other fees may apply for failing to clean up ($25), failing to check out ($25), and/or damaging equipment.
COVID-19 RENTAL GUIDELINES
- Cold Shop Capacity: 5
- Masks are required at all times when 2 or more people are in the space.
- Use provided hand sanitizer and/or wash hands regularly.
- Bringing your own tools is encouraged whenever possible.
- All studio tools require sanitation after use. Spray and wipe tools after use and return them to the drawer.
- Sanitize all touched and utilized surfaces as well as equipment after use with the provided sanitizing spray and wipes.
General cold shop usage charged by the half hour. Usage of UV light also at this rate.
Monthly Package $60/month
Quarterly Package $150/quarter
Yearly Package $500/year
Open studio is a special rate offered to students currently enrolled in a class. Open studio is different from regular rental. A monitor is available during open studio to help or answer any questions.
Mondays 5pm-9pm (30 minute minimum)
What's included: Use of equipment that you’ve been cleared on.
- 80 BELT $7/belt
- 120 BELT $7/belt
- 220 BELT $7/belt
- 400 BELT $7/belt
- 600 BELT $7/belt
- 80 GRIT $2.40/lb
- 120 GRIT $2.90/lb
- 220 GRIT $2.80/lb
- 320 GRIT $4/lb
- 400 GRIT $4.70/lb
- 600 GRIT $5.15/lb
- CORK BELT $30/belt
- PUMICE $1/lb
- CERIUM $3.50/oz
- HXTAL $5 for 3 grams +$0.50 each additional gram Includes 1 cup for mixing, 1 pipette, 91% isopropyl alcohol, and lint free wipes.