About the Flame Shop
PGC’s air-conditioned flame shop is 900 square feet and equipped with 12 workstations, each fully equipped with Nortel Major/Minor torches, a benchtop annealing kiln, a ventilation hood, and a full complement of glassworking tools. Larger annealing kilns as well as Carlisle CC torches and National hand torches are available upon request. Our flame shop has hosted some of the world’s best flame artists, including Emilio Santini, Matt Eskuche, Jill Reynolds, and Loren Stump among many others.
Sundays No Rental
Mondays 5:00 - 9:00pm
Tuesdays No Rental
Wednesdays 10:00am - 3:00pm
Thursdays 10:00am - 2:00pm
Fridays 1:00 - 4:00pm
Saturdays 10:00am - 3:00pm
A 2-hour minimum applies to all rates in the Flame Shop. Please remember to always check in and out with a technician that is on duty. Other fees may apply for failing to clean up ($25), failing to check out ($25), and/or damaging equipment.
- The flame shop will be limited to 5 students/renters and one instructor at a time.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Upon entering the flame shop please use the hand sanitizer & wash hands frequently.
- Renters are encouraged to use their own glass tools and materials when possible.
- If you have problems with tools or equipment, please notify a staff member.
- Renters are responsible for disinfecting tools before & after rental time & returning tools and glass materials to the labeled bin when sanitized.
- Renters are responsible for sanitizing work station & chair.
- Practice social distancing when others are in the flame shop.
Standard Torch (Nortel Major/Minor Torch) $15/hour
Carlisle Torch (Experience Required) $25/hour
Herbert-Arnold Torch (Experience Required) $30/hour
- Soft Color Scrap $5/session
- Boro Color Scrap $10/session
- Pre-dipped Mandrels $5/session
- Hand Torch $5/session
- Skutt Kiln $25/session
FLAME Shop Up Close
PGC’s air-conditioned flame shop is 900 square feet and equipped with 12 workstations, each containing:
- Nortel Major/Minor Torches
- Benchtop annealers with 12" x 9" interior
- Tool cabinet with essential tools for working with glass
- Ventilation hood
- National Hand Torches
- Two 4' x 3' interior annealers for large scale work
- Specialty hand tools and a variety of metal and graphite shaping tools