About the hot shop
PGC is recognized among national and international glass artists as having one of the world’s best-designed and well-equipped hot shops. This 2,560-square-foot space accommodates both large and small teams, and ample annealing space facilitates both rapid production and large-scale work. Two 1,000-pound-capacity, state-of-the-art Wet Dog furnaces run 24/7 at a temperature of 2,100˚F to continually provide quality clear molten glass. There are eight workstations, each with a glory hole and shaping bench. Many esteemed glass artists, including Lino Tagliapietra, Dante Marioni, and Davide Salvadore, have worked here.
Hot shop up close
Our 2,560-square-foot hot shop features:
- Two 1,000 lb. Wet Dog invested pot furnaces
- Full range of hand tools, pipes, and punties
- Six 12" glory holes with pneumatic doors
- One 18" glory hole with pneumatic doors
- One 24" glory hole with barn doors
- Two mobile gas-powered garages
- One mobile powder booth
- Eight benches with compressed air, oxygen and gas
- Nortel Ranger, mid-range and multi-mix torches
- Exact "Fluffy" torches
Rent the Studio
NEW! Studio Rental Hours:
Sunday 10am-4pm. Monday CLOSED. Tuesday-Thursday 9am-9:30pm. Friday 9am-8pm. Saturday 10am-6pm.
A 2-hour minimum applies for all rates in the Hot Shop unless otherwise noted. Please remember to always check in and out with a technician that is on duty. Other fees may apply for failing to clean up ($25), failing to check out ($25), and/or damaging equipment.
COVID-19 Rental Guidelines
- When finished, spray down equipment with bleach sanitizing solution (benches, punties, etc). Use alcohol solution on hand tools and blowpipes.
- Dunk heads of blowpipes in sanitizing tubes.
- Renters are encouraged to use their own tools and pipes whenever possible
- Please get out your own torches unless unable to do so.
- Wear masks whenever moving through common areas of the building
- Use blowhoses WHENEVER POSSIBLE instead of bench blows
- Avoid lining up at furnace and pipe cooler
- Use the annealer assigned to your side of the studio to avoid close contact
- Please refrain from touching the GB systems
NEW! Hours: Sunday 10am-4pm. Monday CLOSED. Tuesday-Thursday 9am-9:30pm. Friday 9am-8pm. Saturday 10am-6pm.
Small Hole (12” x 24") $30/hour
Medium Hole (18” x 46") $35/hour
Complimentary use of pipes/punties, hand tools, and blocks. Charges for all other extras still apply.
These are the charges that may occur during your rental time. For every 2-4 hour session, 50 lbs. of glass and half a small annealer are included. Large quantities of glass usage, extra annealer space and long annealing cycles may incur extra charges.
- Pipes & Punties $8/session ($4 split)
- Hand Tools $8/session ($4 split)
- Blocks $8/session ($4 split)
- Mapp Gas Torch $5/session (excessive use)
- Propane Torch $2/hour
- Oxy/Propane Torch $3/hour
- Mid-range Torch $5/hour
- Pastorelli/Forks No charge; damage fees may apply
- Garage/Hot Plate $3/hour
- Pickup Oven $10/session
- Extra Bench $10/session
- Extra Annealer Space $15/additional half annealer
- Extra Standard Annealer $24/session (12 hour cycle)
- Extra Long Cycle $4/hour (beyond 12 hours)
- Big Annealer $35/session (12 hour cycle)
NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME