We'll Blow Your Mind!
Glass is an amorphous material, and it’s always on the move—just like our mobile glass studio.
Hot Wheels is an outreach vehicle that allows furnace-fired fun and glassblowing demonstrations to travel far beyond the walls of our Penn Avenue building.
This compact traveling glass studio is complete with all the state-of-the-art equipment needed to conduct glassblowing demonstrations, and it allows our glass artists to pop up all over town so they can manipulate molten magma into fiery works of art almost anywhere.
Hot Wheels is made possible by a grant from the Emma Clyde Hodge Memorial Fund in memory of L. Van V. Dauler, Jr.
SEE US AT THESE EVENTS
- Open Streets PGH @ Lawrenceville (free), June 26
- Carnegie Arts Walk @ Carnegie, PA (free), Saturday, July 9
- Neighborhood Flea @ Stacks at 3 Crossings, Strip District (free), July 10
- Glassblowing Event @ Monroeville Public Library (free), July 16
- Horse Trading Days @ Zelienople, PA (free), July 23
- Aspinwall's Big Night Out @ Aspinwall Baseball Field (free), August 11
- Barrel & Flow Fest @ Stacks at 3 Crossings, Strip District (ticket required) August 13
IN THE NEWS
- "Hot Wheels, Pittsburgh Glass Center’s mobile furnace, heats up local events" via NextPittsburgh (9/15/21)
See us in action? Tag us on Instagram with #PGCHotWheels!